Monday, August 17

Godiva LicoWhite Lip Gloss

No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't.
- Marilyn Monroe


Today, I bought the Godiva LicoWhite Lip Gloss with Vitamin C because it promises to "help give dark lips a pinkish tinge". Well, I hope so. Soft-pink lips evade me for some reason, no matter what lipbalm I use (I'm a former user of Chapstick and Nivea) so when I passed this by in Watsons, I was very interested if this could help me with my lip hue problem.


My lips really boggle me for some reason... I have never smoked in my life and still there are times when my lips are so grayish! When it gets worst, my lips would look as if I was drinking suka and smoked 2 cigars a day. I try to remedy it with Alba Terra Tints organic lipbalm but even that doesn't help! I want to try going out without lipgloss/stick on. I'm putting my hope on Godiva LicoWhite to remedy this.

The Godiva gloss is priced at P107: Pricier than Nivea and Chapstick, but cheaper than the lipbalm I currently use now. I tried it last night and I was surprised that it had NO SMELL AT ALL. Really, wala talaga. Its kind of weird, even Petroleum Jelly has a slight smell. Anyway, it glides on very smoothly, and it doesn't feel heavy at all. I'm thinking that I'll only use this before I go to sleep, so the vitamin c can work its magic overnight.

Crossing my fingers for good results!

14 comments:

Mel said...

I hope that it works for you! I didn't know that Godiva (as in the chocolatier?) made skincare stuff =O

文学少女 (Literature Girl) said...

Hi Puff!
In my case, I seriously didn't know that Godiva (the cosmetics company) made chocolates! Hahah :)

I'm not so sure if they're one and the same. I'll try to look into it.

sheri amor said...

i've used that one before.. also.. it's also used for ur nipples right?

文学少女 (Literature Girl) said...

You actually can put the balm on your nipples to 'lighten' the areola, but I don't think I'll be putting the LicoWhite there though.

How was the product for you?

Beauty For A Living said...

OMG! Eto nga yung for nipples! I remember the commercial and I laughed so much when she added, "Pwede rin sa nips!" Haha! If it works, I'm buying!

I linked you up =)

文学少女 (Literature Girl) said...

Hahahahahah omg! oo nga silly commercial! "For the LIPS and NIPS"!
Bwahahahaha!

Cristina said...

Godiva is a Filipino company, and in no way related to the Chocolate :) I do like the LicoWhite Lip Gloss, and I use that in the evening before I sleep.

jenobebs said...

ive forgotten that i have this. dont know where it is anymore.

Shy said...

Hi! I would like to ask from which branch of Watsons were you able to buy this? I wonder if I can still find one from the branches near my place :< I've been trying to look for products that can lighten my dark lip color even though I don't even smoke~ guh OTL

[meowpongky@gmail.com]

文学少女 (Literature Girl) said...

Hi Shy,

I'm from Davao, bought this at SM :D

Anonymous said...

this works!!!! :)

and i love the cool sensation of this balm.
and of course, the glossy pink lips/

www.christinedacanay.blogger.com

Unknown said...

I'm interested of buying one of these.. Can anyone tell where to buy? I need it for my cousin.

Unknown said...

I want to buy some of this products.. Can anyone tell me where to buy some, near Makati? Thanks!

文学少女 (Literature Girl) said...

Hi Dean

I think they phased this product out na!