Monday, September 23

3W Clinic Intensive UV Sunblock Cream SPF50 PA+++

Sunblocks and sunscreens are a staple in my everyday wear. I stopped wearing those bb creams or any kind of foundation ever since I decided to stick to a really good sunblock. Basically, I only started to rely on sunblock when I finally found my favorite high-SPF product that didn't leave a white cast or make me oil up so bad after trying so many products.

It was only 2 years ago when I discovered the Kose Suncut Essence UV Protect Milk SPF50 PA+++ and my love for wearing sunblock began. Ever since then, I stopped using bb creams since they only really gave me max SPF35 and I don't like that with most bb creams its hard find a good shade that lasts.

Unfortunately, buying this exclusively online and internationally is taking a toll on my pockets. I buy my Kose Suncut from Sasa.com twice a year, and I usually get the "USD$70 purchase for free shipping". And even if the Kose only costs a little under P250.00, getting it here is such a pain. I'm looking into trying brands that I can source out locally

2 weeks ago I was at Eastwood to attend the Chocolate Festival and I chanced upon this bazaar that sold Korean skincare and makeup products. And I saw this!


I was immediately intrigued and the lovely Korean lady (the owner, I guess) helped me test it out along with various cosmetics that she tried to make me buy hahaha she was so cute, like a mama-uljzzang!

How I usually know if it's good enough a product to check out:

> Availability and accessibility of product: The seller is a Korean woman that wants to setup shop here in Manila and she seemed to have a lot of 3W Sunblock! She was even surprised that I knew 3W, since she tried selling it out but nobody wanted it as much, since most buyers only know the popular Korean brands that have set up flagship shops here in the Philippines. She told me she used 3W as well!

> Check for the right ingredients and product claims: Immediately I checked for SPF, PA, UVA and UVB and it's a yes, yes, yes, yes! Since using Kose with its SPF 50 PA+++ I can't settle for less anymore. Whenever I wear SPF 30 I kinda always felt like it wasn't enough of a protection, especially when I go out midday. The ingredients seemed to be in Korean, though.

> Test the product if it's something you want to put on daily and for skin suitability: I was able to get a hold of their testers, and I was very wary since  at first I saw it was a cream type, and for two years I was used to water type sunblocks that don't feel heavy at all. But when I tried to spread it out, I was very happy to note that this was incredibly easy to spread and seemed more watery than it first belied. I tested it on a patch of my inner arm and my neck as well and experienced no weird thing after 5 mins which is enough for me.


So far, after 2 weeks of using the product, the only thing I regret is not buying another tube. I use it religiously whether I'm going to work or going for a quick trip to the supermarket.

PROs:

  • Keeps skin protected and moisturized
  • No scent at all
  • Easy to use and to spread on the face
  • Cream type but more milky and watery
  • Maybe a good makeup base for those of you looking for high SPF makeup base
  • VERY AFFORDABLE: PHP190.00 (USD4.00)
  • Lasts for 8 HOURS! (I tested indoors, a/c room)
    • Lasts for 4.5 HOURS! (running around, commuting)
  • Available locally in independent shops
CONs:

  • Slightly dewy finish (need to powder sometimes?)
  • Not buildable (if you're looking for that, this one does not pile up, since it's watery)
Squeeze out a good amount of sunblock from the tube

Try to spread it out

Spread it out thinner all over the skin

Voila! No white cast

Has a slightly dewy finish that I like (so I don't look like I have dry skin) but my face is oily so I have to set with powder maybe? But not as much of a big deal, yaaay!


My new favorite sunblock as of today until we can have Kose here locally!
Thank you for reading~

Keep safe and warm!

4 comments:

crackpot_honey said...

Hey, thanks for your great review! I know it's been a while since you wrote it, but it really helped me since I saw this sunblock on ebay and I'm happy I found a review on this relatively unknown sunblock (outside Korea that is). I think I'm gonna get it, and generally I just won't use any sunblock on my face anymore that's not from Asia, they simply win.
Wishing you all the best, xx

文学少女 (Literature Girl) said...

Hi Honey!

Thanks for leaving a comment! That's great to hear you found this on ebay, I just re-purchased another tube of this (emptied my first one just this month) since I saw it on some random stalls.

I totally agree with you, Asian sunblock are the best thing that's ever happened in the history of, like, ever!

See you

dissipated symphony said...

Hi,

Thank you for such a good review of the product. I can't wait to try one today!

Cheers!

niqi_d said...

Where can we buy this?